Here are some important factors classified under Before moving, While moving and After moving plans:
Before moving plan –
- Approximately two weeks before moving, please ask the moving company to perform valuation operations, issue an estimate and contract (whether the content details the floor, route, load details, and the total amount of transportation, etc.), and report to the moving company Consult moving knowledge.
- Take time to understand the precautions required for moving, make your moving plan, and determine the date of the move.
- Clothing, quilts, books, articles, etc., should be packed in advance, and the contents should be marked on the packaging to facilitate the search after moving. Fragile items should be specially protected when packing. Besides, the packaging box should not be too large when packing to avoid inconvenience in handling.
- Refrigerators should be defrosted and emptied in advance; wardrobes, cabinets, and other items must also be empty in advance to facilitate transportation.
- Plan the location of the new home’s furniture, articles, etc., and provide a layout plan for the movers to know.
- The new destination should also be preliminarily cleaned and tidy, and the relevant water and electricity lines should be confirmed to be working. Telephone lines, air conditioners, water heaters, etc. can also be installed in advance.
- The day before moving, you should inform your neighbors or administrators in advance.
While moving plan –
- Pay attention to the documents or money you carry.
- At least two people must cooperate when moving, provide assistance in the old and new homes, guide the placement of items, and supervise the moving staff.
- Keep valuables properly, shut down water, electricity, gas, etc., and always pay attention to whether there are any missing items in the old home.
- Drawers, openable objects or furniture, such as desks, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, etc., should be locked first, or fixed with tape.
- Maintain good communication and interaction with the moving staff and avoid excessive nagging.
- Be careful not to cause collisions during the handling process. Do not push the items too high when placed on the carrier truck, and secure the items. It is best if someone can accompany you during the transportation process.
- Remind you, when you arrive at your new home, you can arrange your toiletries and bed first. Because the moving day is busy and it is unlikely to finish everything on the same day, you can take a rest after you have counted the items and thank the mover.
After moving plan –
- Check again in detail whether items, furniture, home appliances, etc. are missing or damaged
- If something is found to be damaged during the handling process, you should contact the moving company as soon as possible to discuss compensation.
- The refrigerator should be plugged in for more than 2 hours after installation to extend the service life.
- Visit new neighbors and administrators to establish good neighbor relations.
- Change the relevant billing address and notify relatives and friends.
- Familiar with the road and regional environment near the new home.